Information related to Padmanabhaswamy Temple and its treasures
Padmanabhaswamy Temple is a famous temple of Lord Vishnu which is located in the capital of Kerala state of Thiruvananthapuram. Padmanabhaswamy Temple is one of the main worship-places of Hindus.
This temple of Lord Vishnu is famous for its antiquity and the other for its wealth. When its baskets were opened in 2011, seeing gold and silver, the eyes of everyone were torn off. This temple became a topic of discussion abroad.
Since then, everyone wants to know about this temple and its treasure. If you are one of them too, then you are in the right place.
In this post we will tell you many interesting and informative facts about the Padmanabhaswamy Temple and its treasures-
History of Padmanabhaswamy Temple
1. When Padmanabhaswamy Temple was built for the first time, there is no clear information about it. However this place is described in many mythologies, including the Mahabharata. The first mention of the temple is found in 9th century texts.
2. The structure of the temple has been continuously improving, the present Padmanabhaswamy temple was built by King Martand Verma of that time in 1733 AD.
3. King Martand Verma donated all his property to the temple and declared himself a ‘representative of God’. Even today, the responsibility of caring for the temple is done by a private trust under the supervision of King Martand’s royal family.
Important information related to the temple
padmanabhaswamy temple bhagwan vishnu ki murti in hindi
4. Inside the temple there is a huge statue of Lord Vishnu in which Lord Vishnu is sitting in Shayan posture at the Sheshnag. Lakhs of devotees come here from far away to see this idol.
5. Here the resting phase of Lord Vishnu is called Padmanabh, which is the name of this temple.
6. The temple is only one kilometer away from the railway station of Thiruvananthapuram. On the one side of the temple are the sea shore and on the other hand the beautiful hills of the Western Ghats
7. Only the Hindu can enter the Padmanabhaswamy temple, even if it belongs to any caste.
8. It is mandatory for women to wear dhoti and sari to enter the temple.
Treasure of Padmanabhaswamy Temple
padmanabhaswamy mandir ka khajana
9. In the year 2011, when 5 of the 6 bastions of the temple were opened, out of them, nearly two lakh crores worth of gold and silver were obtained.
Some of the main things to be received are in this way:
➡ 3 ½ feet long Lord Vishnu’s golden idol on which many diamonds, jewels and precious stones are inlaid.
बना A throne made of pure gold, which was probably made to keep the idol of a five and a half meter of Lord Vishnu in bed. There are many diamonds and gems in it.
➡ The 18-feet-long gold necklace weighing 10 and 10 kilos.
➡ 36 kgs of weaning gold curtains
➡ 2200 years old gold coins, which weigh up to 800 kg.
के Thousands of gold and silver vessels
के Gold coins of the time of the Britishers, whose total weight is 20 kg.
➡ Many such precious utensils are filled with diamonds, gems and precious stones.
के thousands of gold and silver jewelry
10. The sixth basement of the Padmanabhaswamy temple has not been opened yet and the Supreme Court has also banned it from opening it. It is said that this basement has more wealth than the rest of the basements and its cave goes down to the beach.
11. You will be surprised to know that there is neither a latch nor a bolt in the sixth basement. It is said that this perfect gate of the 16th century can be established by the yogi and ascetic by uttering the ‘Garud Mantra’ purely.
padmanabhaswamy mandir ka volt
12. The sixth porch is a picture of snakes on the gate, which shows that they are protecting the basement. Some people also say that this also means that some opening of this basement can lead to something inauspicious.